Sign up for The Mediation Group’s next conflict resolution workshop: Improving your Conflict Competency, led by Loraine Della Porta.
Is the conflict at work making you want to run for the exit? Do you have SNA? Sunday Night Anxiety is a condition that affects millions of workers who, after having a nice, relaxing weekend, DREAD having to go to work on Monday morning because of an ongoing conflict with a manager or co-worker. The symptoms of SNA include sleeplessness, nausea, anxiety, irritability and a feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach – and no one is immune. Whether you are a staff member, a manager, a union representative or the head of the department, the ability to handle conflict quickly and competently is critical to the success of any organization.
It is human nature to avoid difficult situations, which allows workplace conflicts to fester and escalate. By improving your conflict competency, you will enhance your ability to lead and manage differences effectively and help transform your workplace into a safe and productive environment.
In this highly interactive workshop, participants will:
- Identify the signs of a brewing conflict
- Understand conflict dynamics and their own conflict style
- Develop, use and hone cognitive, emotional and behavioral skills to effectively manage and de-escalate conflict
- Build confidence in initiating and facilitating a “difficult conversation” with a manager or co-worker
- Learn proven strategies for managing emotions (yours and theirs), assessing and diagnosing conflict and engaging with others more effectively
We are offering the workshop on Thursday, June 4, 2015, 8:30-4:00 in our comfortable Brookline offices. Registration is $325; discounts available. Visit our web page for more information: www.themediationgroup.org/training.