Joel M. Reck, J.D.
Mediation, Arbitration, Case Evaluation
Joel Reck is a retired partner from Brown Rudnick LLP and is the former Chair of its Real Estate Department. His practice consisted of structuring, managing and closing sophisticated commercial real estate transactions throughout the United States. Currently, Joel conducts a varied mediation and arbitration practice, principally involving real estate and commercial disputes, but also involving personal injury and professional malpractice matters. He also serves as an expert witness in cases involving transactional practice standards and real estate legal issues.
Over his career, Joel has been honored with numerous recognitions and awards:
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the specialties of Alternative Dispute Resolution and Real Estate Law
- Listed as one of the “Nation’s Top 10 Real Estate Lawyers” published by the United States Lawyer Rankings guide
- Named as a leading individual in real estate law in Massachusetts by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Served as Chair of the Real Estate Section and as President of the Boston Bar Association and of the Boston Bar Foundation
- Served on the governing boards of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Real Estate Bar Association, the American Bar Association and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and its Leasing Committee
- Served as Chair of the Boston Harbor Island Alliance and former chair and board member of many other non-profit organizations
- Recipient of the Richard B. Johnson Award, the Real Estate Bar Association’s highest award
- Appointed by Governor Deval Patrick to the Massachusetts Foreclosure Impacts Task Force
In addition to his work in dispute resolution, Joel also teaches. He is an Adjunct Professor at Boston College Law School, co-teaching with TMG colleague Rudolph Kass. In addition he serves as a faculty member for real estate and mediation courses at the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
Joel graduated with a B.A. degree from Bowdoin College and a J.D. degree from Harvard University